Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What can I say that you don't know? Here's something funny, funny because I believed it for the longest time as a kid! I have a freckle exactly in the middle of my lower lip. I used to more hope than believe that Peter Pan would come and take me away to Never Never Land-of course he didn't because I am old and still here (poo!) But, if Peter ever kisses you (or "gives you a thimble"), I hear it leaves a mark!
I fell asleep in the flour cupboard one Christmas waiting for Santa Clause and didnt' wake up until after he'd left! I also am CERTAIN I have heard reindeer sleigh bells and hooves on my roof.
I used to get letters every St. Patrick's Day from King Brian the Leprechaun. One year he told me that if I found the end of the rainbow, that he and the other leprechauns would be there with the pot of gold. Needless to say, my youthful little heart fell for it completely! I spent hours searching for him around my house in my pink poofy coat. I remember ending perplexed and frustrated as I sat upon our wooden bench on our front porch. I found out later, after my parents left for a wedding anniversary trip, that it was all fake! I found my Grandma Relda writing the note supposedly from King Brian in the wee hours of the morning. I was crushed!
Next post, I think I'll write my most embarrassing moment. You better tune in for that one!!!
You'll laugh your head off!

2 comments:

jhjonze said...

Hey Peter Pan was my imaginary friend as a child! We are related!

kathy said...

Loved the admissions, and can't wait for the embarrassment. But what I really want to know, is did you see any meteors the other night? A little bird (the elusive 190-pound golden-plumed Nathan bird) told me you were going to be watching for them. Or was that just his excuse to spend most of the night snuggling?